Here's what you need to do. Leave the Actiontec as is. Do the following to the Linksys:
1. Connection Type: Static
2. Enter a static ip of 192.168.1.250 (or any other IP outside of the Actiontec IP range)
3. Keep the Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
4. Set the Gateway to : 192.168.1.1 (or the IP of your Actiontec router)
5. Use the same ip and subnet for the Local ip address. (so you will now use 192.168.1.250 to access the Linksys and 192.168.1.1 to access the Actiontec)
6. Disable the DHCP server on the Basic Setup tab if using the Linksys stock firmware or on the Applications and Gaming tab>DHCP if using Sveasoft Talisman Basic firmware. (the Actiontec will act as the DHCP server)
7. Now this is the important step. Run a cable from a LAN port (not WAN) on the Linksys into a LAN port on the back of the Actiontec.
Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
Written by FiosFAQ
Last updated on 10.11.06